Set deep in the hills of south County Wicklow, Clone House is an
idyllic Country Manor hideaway, free of modern stresses, yet easily
accessible from Dublin.
Carla & Jeff (he is American, she Uruguayan-Italian) have
successfully combined modern and traditional elements in this large
early 19th century house and the eclectic contents reflect their
frequent travels and their varied backgrounds and interests. These
are stylishly arranged and displayed, and are complemented by modern
comforts and crackling log fires.
Carla loves cooking and uses the freshest local meat, fish and
the produce of their own kitchen garden to create a range of menus
which blend traditional European dishes, principally Tuscan Cuisine,
with recipes from other cultures and climates.
Outside, the gardens are a combination of lawns, trees, a stream
with a pond and waterfall, and a wide palette of colours and
textures - all with the breathtaking Wicklow Mountains as a backdrop.
Jeff & Carla Watson
Tel: +353 402 36121
Fax: +353 402 36029
- Seven rooms, all with private bathrooms
- B&B: €60 - €90 pps
- Single supplement: €40
- Dinner: €45 - €55, book previous day
- No smoking indoors
- Children welcome
- Open: All Year
- Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard
|Gardens: Wicklow and Wexford have many famous
gardens including Powerscourt House (47 acres of landscaped
gardens) , Kilruddery, Mount Usher, Kilmokea, Johnstown Castle,
Ram House Gardens, JFK Arboretum.
Angling: "Angling for All" in Aughrim village
offers all year round angling facilities and wildlife park,
with over 4 acres of fully stocked game fishing. Also Annamoe
Trout farm is open from May to September.
Golf: Clone House is close to many well-known Golf Courses,
which include the following: Woodenbridge 5 minutes, Arklow
Golf Links 15 minutes, The European 20 minutes, Blainroe and
Wicklow 25 minutes, Druid's Glen, Roundwood, Greystones,
Powerscourt 40-45 minutes.
Historical Houses: Russborough House (1741). Avondale house,
set in an estate of 500 acres of forest and parkland is now a
museum to the memory of Charles Stewart Parnell (1779)
From Aughrim, take the Carnew road and turn left at yellow and black
wall. Take first left, continue for 1 mile (through crossroads) and
turn left for Ballycoogue. Gates on right after 300 yards.