The Quay House
The Quay House is Clifdens oldest building,
dating from c.1820. It was originally the harbourmasters house
but later became a Franciscan monastery, then a convent and finally
a hotel owned by the Pye family.
It is now run as a town house by the Foyle family, whose forebears
have been entertaining guests in Connemara for nearly a century.
The Quay House stands right on the harbour, just 7 minutes walk
from the town centre. All rooms are furnished with good antiques
and original paintings; several have working fireplaces and all
but two overlook the harbour. All have large bathrooms with tubs
and showers and there are also two ground floor rooms for wheelchair
The owners are always on hand for advice on local activities ie
fishing, horse riding, golfing, hiking etc. There are several excellent
restaurants and pubs within walking distance.
Paddy & Julia Foyle
The Quay House, Clifden, Co. Galway
Phone: (+353) 095 21369 Fax: (+353) 095 21608
- Fourteen rooms, all with private bathrooms
- B&B: €70-€80
- Single supplement: €25
- Dinner: Not served
- Several restaurants within walking distance
- Children welcome
- Open: 15 March to early November
- Credit cards: Visa, Mastercard
3 mins from town centre on the harbour.