Lismacue was purchased in 1705 by William
Baker, a direct ancestor of Kate Nicholson, the current owner. The
present house was completed in 1813 to the design of architect William
Robertson. It is a classically proportioned Irish country house
set in 200 acres and approached by one of the most impressive lime
tree avenues in Ireland, planted c.1760.
The drawing room and library still carry the original wallpaper.
The bedrooms offer wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
Available locally are golf (five courses within 30 minutes), horse
riding, hill walking and trout fishing on the estates own
river. Foxhunting is organised from October to March.
Jim & Kate Nicholson
Lismacue House, Bansha, Co Tipperary
Phone: (+353) 062 54106 Fax: (+353) 062 54126
- Five rooms, three with private bathrooms
- B&B: €65 - €75 pps
- Single supplement: €15
- Dinner: €38, book by noon
- French spoken
- Children welcome
- Open: 17 March to 31 October
- Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard
From Tipperary, take N24 through Bansha towards Cahir. The entrance
is just outside Bansha on the left.